This post will provide an example of a healthy to-go lunch that I usually would pack for myself. It is very simple to make and can be modified to your liking! This can be prepared the night before for a less stressful morning!
Baked Chicken Tenders:
Ingredients: (The portions are up to you)
-Breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
- Cut the chicken breast into strips and coat them in your breadcrumbs.
- Place in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven and cook for about 30 minutes (I like when mine are really crispy, if you like them more moist you can take them out earlier, but make sure that they are cooked!)
Another option for an easy chicken lunch recipe which is gluten-free:
Garlic, Paprika Chicken:
Ingredients: (Portions are up to you)
- Cut chicken into strips or you can leave as full breast and place onto a baking sheet with foil.
- Sprinkle garlic and paprika over chicken pieces.
- Cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes. (I like my chicken crispier, if you prefer more moist, you can adjust the time).
-1/2 cup of mixed red, white and black quinoa (I buy it already as a mix).
-1 cup of water.
- Rinse quinoa under cold water.
- Add quinoa and water to a small pot on stovetop.
- Turn heat on medium-high until it reaches a boil and then lower heat to medium-low, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes.
I like to add a refreshing dressing to my quinoa once cooked, I use lemon juice, olive oil and salt. No real measurements just eyeball it!
For this salad, you can choose your favorite type of lettuce, my favorite is Iceberg although, I switch it up from day to day, spinach, romaine, etc… I like to add a salad to every lunch as a great refreshing side. For the salad dressing I like to use the same one as the quinoa: lemon, olive oil and salt, or sometimes I just have it plain. But you can use any dressing you prefer!
This time, I added some steamed peas on the side but usually I would just have one green!
For dessert, to satisfy my sweet-cravings, I would usually pack a fruit : orange, apple, berries, etc… This is a great, light way to finish off your scrumptious meal!
That was just a glimpse of a typical, easy, to-go lunch that I pack in my lunch bag. You can really adapt these recipes to your liking. This is just to get an example of a delicious, healthy, no-trouble lunch you can take with you on your daily adventures!